The American University of Iraq, Sulaimani’s Professional Development Institute (PDI) supports individuals, organizations, and professional groups with courses and programs covering a wide range of subjects, including English language studies.
The English language is universally spoken and is the language of business, science, the internet and entertainment. English is the first and foremost criteria whether you are applying for a job or you are seeking admission into a reputable college, university or institution. English language skills expand employment opportunities not only in Iraq but internationally. Companies and international organizations welcome candidates who have good English language skills.
Whether you are preparing for the TOEFL exam or simply want to enhance your English language capabilities, PDI will provide comprehensive exposure to the four important elements of English Language instruction: writing and grammar, reading, speaking and listening.
Prospective students should take an English language course at AUIS if they wish to:
- Prepare themselves for the internationally recognized internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL® iBT)
- Improve their English language capability
- Go to an English speaking country to study or work
- Gain entry into universities around the world, where English is the language of instruction
- All PDI instructors are native-English speakers
- All PDI Instructors have minimum 3 years English Language Instruction Training
- All PDI Instructors have an Baccalaureate or Master’s degree
- AUIS has the most modern language laboratories in the Middle East
- With the backing of an entire university behind it, PDI has a wealth of resources, knowledge and expertise to draw from and to assist its students
- PDI classes are small in size (maximum 15 students per class).
Start Dates: July 14, 2013; October 5, 2013; January 12, 2014; and April 12, 2014.
Duration: 10 weeks
Days and Hours: 3 days a week 5-8pm (Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday or Monday, Wednesday, Saturday)
Tuition Fee: $760 (includes all textbooks, workbooks, and other materials)
Total hours: 90 hours
Placement Test Fee: $120*
Placement Test Dates: Please call +964 (0) 771 014 0882 to register for the test
*The Placement Test fee will be refunded if the fee is paid 2 weeks before start of the course.
Prior to enrollment, all students are required to take an English Placement exam. Based on the results of this exam, students will be assigned a class that best matches their current level of English comprehension.
The $120 Placement Test fee must be received prior to taking the Placement Test.
For more information please contact our PDI Team at +964 (0) 771 014 0882